What I Know for Sure

In this blog I have spoken about the issues I have faced in my past.  I have spoken about being molested by a complete asshole of a cousin when I was a child, being raped by an even bigger asshole of a now ex-boyfriend in 2000 and being raped again by the biggest asshole of them all, getting pregnant by him and miscarrying my son in 2012.  I have shared my pain, my life and my heart with you all.  Tonight, I am going to share something completely different.  Tonight, I am going to talk about the state of the world and what I know for sure in regards to my country, the things that are happening all over the world, and the things I can no longer stay quiet about. Tonight, I am just pissed off!  I don't have answers, but I do have a voice and I am not afraid to use it. What I have to say may not be popular, but I promised to share with you the good, the bad and the ugly, so here goes.

Over the last few weeks the world has seen one horrific tragedy after another: The bombing of a Russian airliner, the attack in Beirut, the terror attacks in Paris, the attack in Mali and now Brussels on high alert.  There is one thing that has been going on longer, though.  There is a true humanitarian crisis going on in Syria.  Thousands of refugees are fleeing the cowards in the Assad government and the cowards who make up ISIS (That's right bitches, I called you cowards!), both of whom are also trying to slaughter them.  These innocent people see terror attacks on a daily basis.  They eat, sleep and breathe fear.  To get away from this, families are being forced to pay thousands of dollars (most likely their life savings) to secure a spot on a raft that is not fit to sail across a river, let alone a sea, for their families to travel to the nearest European shore.  Then the walk, take a train and find the nearest refugee shelter and pray that they will get asylum and set to a country to start over again.

With all of these terrible things happening in the world it is easy to be scared.  It is easy to say that we should not continue to go about our daily lives.  It is easy to give up, give in and hide.  I don't want to hide anymore.  I want to stand up, fight back and scream to the hills that we are not going to take it anymore!  I do not want to sit by as politicians are destroying my country, turning citizens on each other through fear mongering. I'm pissed off and I've decided to use this as my outlet, seeing as it is my blog and all.  So, here's what I know for sure right now:

  1. Donald Trump - You are a carnival barker.  There is no substance to your noise.  You simply want to be President because you think it is something cool.  You are all about telling your followers what is wrong with their lives and who's to blame for it, specifically people who don't look like, or believe the fucked up things that you believe in.  If anyone tries to speak out and call you on your insane bullshit, you make fun of them, say, "they're stupid," and go about your day by saying horrifying things like, Muslim Americans need to be put into a database and tracked.  What's next, Mr. Trump, internment camps, tracking devices?  Please explain how else you want to treat a group of people who practice a largely peaceful religion (please keep in mind that I am fully aware that the orthodox practitioners, just like the orthodox practitioners of just about any religions, follow practices of inequality when it comes to women, homosexuals and a host of other sins) can be further treated as second class citizens by you and the other Republican candidates like you who seek to turn this country which was founded on RELIGIOUS FREEDOM and has strict language stating that we, "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free establishment thereof."  That's right, jackasses, you cannot declare Christianity the national religion.  We have a fantastic amendment preventing you from doing that.  
  2. Can one of the other candidates, preferably a somewhat sane one, please call Donald Trump on his bull shit?  Stop being afraid of him and take him on! This goes for reporters and chat show hosts too.  Call him out make him appear on your shows, not just do a phone interview. Push him on the substance.  Push him on foreign policy. Push him on everything.  Then maybe once you get the nomination, and you get beat by a Democrat, we may have some hope.  
  3. Over the weekend there was a domestic terrorism incident by a crazy son of a bitch who went into a Planned Parenthood center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, shouting how they kill babies, and shot the place to holy hell, killing 2 civilians, 1 police officer and wounding many more. When the hell is someone in our government going to call this bastard what he is, a Christian Extremist Terrorist?  That's right!  No one will. Let me explain what Planned Parenthood is for those of you who may not be familiar with them.  Planned Parenthood provides vital healthcare services to women.  Services like OB/Gyn care, proper sexual education, mammograms, STD testing and treatment, counseling services when a woman has been raped and providing her with the morning after pill or an abortion if wanted.  Please keep in mind that abortions makes up only 3% of what Planned Parenthood does, even though right wing politicians want the world to believe otherwise.  When I was raped for the second time and had my miscarriage , I went to my local Planned Parenthood.  The second I told them what happened someone was by my side the entire time.  They talked me through every step.  They asked me if I wanted to be tested for any STD and I told them I wanted to be tested for absolutely everything.  They did with someone holding my hand the entire time.  They confirmed the miscarriage was completing and made sure I was OK to drive home and that someone was going to be with me when I got there.  These doctors, physician's assistants, nurses and administrators are amazing people.  They do not have easy jobs, but when a woman comes in on what could be, well, was in my case, the worst day of her life the people at Planned Parenthood provide a safe, secure, judgment free place for a woman to receive care.  That is what Planned Parenthood does! 
  4. To ISIS:  You are FUCKING cowards!  Every last goddamn one of you!  Yes, assholes, this woman is calling you out!  What are you going to do about it? I am NOT scared of you!  You stand for everything I am against and everything I will fight against to my dying breath. You do nothing but give Islam a horrible name.  You take enjoyment out of slaughtering innocent people. You are a disgrace to the Koran and the Prophet Muhammad.  What the hell did you think you would accomplish is Paris?  Did you think the people of Paris would cower and hide?  Did you think the world wouldn't make you Public Enemy #1 and fight back?  We are NOT scared of you!  We will fight you and we, as a global community, will win!  So get ready for the fight of your lives, bitches, because you have pissed off the world!  I come from a family and group of friends with many religions and it is beautiful.  And shocker, when we disagree we talk, we don't go cutting each others' heads off.  So, FUCK YOU, and come and get me if you want.  I will be here.
  5. To the Republican politicians in the United States who are against allowing Syrian Refugees into the United States:  What the hell is wrong with you?!  These are men, women and children who have fled a state of war atrocities very few of us have ever seen, nor want to think about, and simply want to start new lives in a safe environment.  They want to raise their children in a country that isn't in a state of constant war and strife. For all of the railing against immigrants that you do on the campaign trail and in Congress, please keep in mind that unless you are a Native American, every single one of us are here because of our immigrant ancestors.  My relatives came over through Ellis Island from Italy and Ireland.  My family name is etched into the wall at Ellis Island.  They passed the Statue of Liberty with her inscription reading: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.  Send these, the homeless, the tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"  Have we as a nation forgotten these words?  These are the words that so many of our ancestors saw when they came to this country for the first time.  How dare you declare that these refugees are less worthy of our help!  If we are to be the self appointed bastions of human rights (I'll pause while some laugh) and the (again, self-appointed) greatest country in the world, then we must do better.  We must open our borders to help.  Oh, and Governors who are saying that you won't allow refugees in your states, guess what?  It's not your call!  Only the President of the United States can make that decision.  
  6. I am hereby imploring the legislative bodies of every state in the United States to amend your laws to provide for longer sentences for rapists, child molesters, domestic violence perpetrators, and anyone who kills someone in commission of one of these crimes.  The sentence someone could get for rape and child molestation is shorter in most states than the sentence someone gets for embezzling money.  It is disgusting!  As a nation, as a global community, we must start treating women as equal citizens.  We must takes the crimes against them seriously.  We must teach our boys, girls, young men and young women better.  We must teach them that women (and men) are not there for their taking whenever they want.  It doesn't matter if the person is your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your husband or wife.  If one party says no and you ignore that then it is rape.   We need to stop blaming the victims.  Stop asking what was she wearing?  How much did he have to drink?  What did he or she do to bring this on themselves.  I will say this once: The VICTIM is NEVER to blame.  Now, we just need to get the laws right.  
  7. To the people of Paris, Mali, Beirut, Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood and all those who have been impacted by violence at the hands of religious extremists and the Syrian refugees, I want to say this:  I STAND with you!  I will fight for you and use my voice to speak up in support of you always.
These are just a few of the things I know for sure.

OK, I am getting off my soapbox now.  I'm sure I have sufficiently pissed off a lot of you, but I hope I have sparked conversation more than piss you off, well with the exception of ISIS and the Republicans. :) 

Comments

  1. This is a great blog. Very thought provoking and intelligently written. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment