Goodbye, 2018! Hello, 2019!

What a year 2018 has been!
What started out as devastating, is ending with the most remarkable four months of my life.  This year has brought profound loss, but also amazing, indescribable happiness.  I am ringing in 2019 sitting on the couch next to Jesse, the man I can say with 100% certainty is my soulmate and the love of my life, and his amazing 9 year old son.  There is nowhere else I would rather be ringing in the new year than right here with my two favorite guys.
I am starting this new year with my heart lovingly, kindly and so gently put back together by Jesse.  He knows my past, knows the pain that was consuming me and loves me because he doesn't see the damage done by those that came before him, he sees the strength it took me to survive them.  He lets me be 100% myself, my silly, smart, sassy, self.  He makes me smile with my whole being.  He makes me laugh more than anyone ever has.  He has a laugh that is contagious and making him laugh is a challenge I happily take on every single day.  When he starts laughing, really laughing, the laugh takes on a life of its own, complete with an evolutionary process.  It starts as a full throated belly laugh, evolves into a giggle/snicker/chortle, then goes into a laugh till you cry phase, then ends with a snort laugh.  All of this makes me laugh even more, which then makes him laugh, starting the process all over again.  Getting this laugh out of him makes my entire day.  It makes me feel like I could take a walk in the stars. I feel like it is one thing I can give back to him for everything he has given/continues to give to me. 
Jesse has shown me that true love is not painful, degrading, violent or  angry. Each day he shows me that love is gentle, kind, extraordinary, beautiful and nurturing.  I consider myself so lucky to be loved by this incredible man.  He is wicked smart, funny, gentle, passionate, kind, compassionate, sexy, and has the most beautiful heart and spirit I have ever had the privilege to be around.  He stole my heart from our first date, and he makes me fall more in love with him each day.  He is irresistible to me.  It is truly impossible to not love him.
As 2019 is about to be rung in, I can honestly say I am starting this year with a heart full of love, overflowing with joy, and looking forward to what the new year brings. 

I am wishing you all a happy, healthy, and joyous 2019!

Comments